Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 9- Tissue paper, not just for gift wrapping

So, with the end of the holiday season, it leaves us with copious amounts of tissue paper, what better way to utilize the excess than by making a craft out of it??  Well, today's craft was Tissue Paper Wreaths.  How simple can we get???  Cut some squares of Tissue paper- I even took the short cut and used my paper cutter (again, thank you to my very thoughtful hubby!) and cut 4 inch squares.  I then used a Pyrex bowl and traced a wreath shape using the top and bottom of the bowl.  Finally, I handed the kids a glue stick and a stack of tissue paper.  I showed them both how to "fold" it around their fingers before sticking it to the wreath, but as you can see, Penny didn't quite get that part, but Iris did really well.
On a side note, I finally learned to "knit" basically, I can now cast on and off, and make a basic knit stitch.  YAY!  Hopefully, I will continue to improve :)
And, for a sneak preview of tomorrow's craft:  I have to thank Mike for staying up late to help me dye all this pasta.  The orange is my favorite color, it turned out sooo bright!




My goal was to make enough pasta to get us through numerous crafts!  My next plan is to get some rice and dye it too!  I am forever going to be multi colored!  Oh well, I bet by the end of this year, I will be very versed in the art of food coloring!

No comments:

Post a Comment