Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 6- BIRTHDAY TIME!

And, it's already time for the first birthdays of the year.  Mike's sisters both have a birthday on January 10th, so logically we made birthday cards today, the first of MANY I am sure!  Divide and conquer: one kid for one aunt, one for the other, one adult helping each.  Boy, having that extra set of hands really makes it nice- especially when Penny FREAKS out about everything, I know three doesn't get any better, but this two stuff is for the birds!  I keep hoping that she will get it through her head that screaming and yelling aren't going to do anything productive for us!  But, alas, we still end up with a temper tantrum almost every craft day.
Anyway, I digress, we made cards today, and overall, they turned out really well.  I am already starting to be able to use scraps and left overs from other projects, though I am still buying stuff.   Today's big purchase was a "medium" hole punch to finish the eyes of the owls.  It came in handy for the birthday cards.  Iris is really thriving on making paper crafts.  She is learning how to use scissors now and really enjoyed punching holes in paper.
I am so thankful that my wonderful husband bought me all this crafting stuff for Christmas!  Googly eyes, sequin, beads, pipe cleaners, a paper cutter (which I got to use today, and I LOVE it!), pom poms, ribbon, and much more.  It has come in such handy already, though I am sure that I will be emptying my supply much quicker than I care to imagine this year.  I have a 25% off EVERYTHING purchase @ JoAnns and a 50% off coupon for this week, so, time to hit up the crafting store this week!! :)
   
 The final products, pretty happy with them, honestly!


Peace, Love, and Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment