Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 4, OWLS!

So, while looking for craft ideas a few days ago, I came across this adorable paper owl on Pinterest.  A quick (and relatively inexpensive) trip to Jo-Ann's today, I came out with a phenomenal amount of paper crafting supplies.  These itty bitty paper brads, googly eyes, large 12x12 scrapbook paper (on sale for .20!!) and some fun 8.5x11 paper for "wings", oh, and a stamp and ink pads.
I spent a lot of time trying to figure out a good pattern, which is infuriating when you're sitting at the table with a 3 year old asking you every 15 seconds "Mommy, when is my birthday?" "What are you doing?" "Why are you doing that??" UGH!  But, eventually I got it figured out.
Of course, Penny freaked out, she wanted to do it all by herself.  Then she let me put 1 wing on for her and decided she wanted to do the other by herself.  After that, she wouldn't do anything but pencil mark on her owl.  Oh yeah, and she ripped the wing that I put on for her, straight off.
Iris on the other hand enjoyed making her owl.  She wanted to pick out the color of the brads, the color of the owl, the wings, the stamp, the marker, etc.  She managed to help me put the wings on, glued the eyes and beak on.  She really enjoyed it and was proud of her final product.  She is looking forward to helping me finish the 14 other owls tomorrow.
We have decided to use these as her birthday invites.  I am going to write on each wing "Look WHOOOO's turning 4!"  Can't wait to see the finished product.  Maybe when I get them ALL done, I'll take another picture and update this one.  But so far, they are turning out well.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment