Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 14- Is it cheating?

So, I will admit, I had these foot prints around since fall of last year.  I got creative one day and found out how to make "stepping stones" with flour, water, and salt- http://www.ehow.com/how_8166318_make-handprint-molds.html - I thought "wow, this is such a cute idea.  We'll make the prints today and paint it tomorrow."  Well, tomorrow became the next day, the next week, the next month, and eventually the next year.  It was so easy to think "OMG! 2 and 3 year old with paint- AHHHHHHH"  But, after the last two weeks, what is a little paint on a dining room table???  haha



Well, now that I finally decided to let the kids paint the "stones" I wish I hadn't.  Penny's doesn't even look like a footprint any more, and Iris' is really hard to see, though oddly, in the picture it looks better.  There must have been some little birdy tweeting in my ear not to paint those.  Oh well, there will be more projects.  Maybe sometime this year we'll do a mosaic tile, that would be fun!  (I must be going crazy from all the paint fumes the last three days!)
Speaking of paint fumes, here is a couple of pictures from the room I'be been working on all weekend.  We have put $70 into so far, and that includes the GORGEOUS new floor and paint!  Can't wait until it is completely finished, but it has literally transformed from an UGLY, outdated storage room behind our dining room to a beautiful office space.  I am so glad we took the time to repurpose this room.  It is soon going to become my craft room!  This room was blue (like EVERY other room in our house when we moved in) with horrible 1980s peel and stick tiles on the floor (tan fake brick even!)... Not the best pictures, since it is after 10, but, I am happy with the results (the cabinets are open because the paint is still a little tacky lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment