Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 11- Mess Can Sometimes Be Success

So glad I finally broke down and decided to try to painting with toilet paper tubes.  The kids had a blast, and  the proof was on their hands!  Sometimes, the best projects are probably going to be the messiest, which is what I am learning when we dye pasta at night, haha.


I pulled the muffin tin out of the cabinet today, filled all 12 tins with different colors.  The kids sat in their chairs and watched so intently as I squeezed red, yellow, blue, purple, silver, white, brown, etc etc etc into each cup and then proceeded to place a toilet paper tube in each pile of paint.











When I finally said "Have at it" they both looked a little confused, so I took one of the toilet paper tubes and started stamping on a piece of construction paper.  That was all it took, Iris and Penny went to town!  They both tried different dipping and stamping techniques and created very different works of art.
Clean up was a breeze, other than cleaning the rims of each muffin.  Everything else either sat on the table to dry or got dumped in the trash... how much easier could someone ask for???














Tomorrow, Macaroni necklaces.  Another huge shout out to my hubby, Mike, for staying up past our bedtime to dye noodles.  What would I do without him???

No comments:

Post a Comment