Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 8- wishing for warmer weather


Well, we are in the midst of a heat wave.  It was 39 degrees and sunny today!  That got me in a good mood, so as I started thinking about what craft to do today, I decided to do something that would allow Penny and Iris a lot of freedom again.  We made flowers!  Mike is having eye issues, so he was home the second half of the day, and as a treat, we all got to do crafts together.  It is a lot of fun when he is home for Craft time.
Pulling out a nice smattering of crafting supplies really turned into creative flowers.  We used a lot of beads and I finally broke out the hot glue gun, wow is that easier to use than Elmer's Glue! haha.
Mike cut out big flower shapes that the kids, and he, decorated.  I made a decent a dent in our supply of pipe cleaners.  Good thing Mike bought us a LOT for Christmas!

 I am pretty proud of our flowers.  Iris loved the beads, and Penny still loves buttons.  I don't know if i should be offended that Mike mentioned that mine is "The floweriest of the bunch"
Mike's Alien Flower.
Honestly, there isn't much exciting to say about today's craft.  It was enjoyable to spend the time with the family together.  I love watching the girls focus on something so much having so much fun.  tomorrow, Iris starts school again tomorrow.  I feel like she has been off for an eternity now.  But tomorrow also starts my next venture, learning to knit!  Wish me luck :)

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to hearing about your crafts......Knitting.....oh good luck....I have a couple of things started, but can't seem to get back into it.....ha.ha. I will be sure and show and tell all about my Potato Chip scarf......a long ways to go yet...Susie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how this popped up twice. Have you been getting my other comments about your crafts...? Happy Crafting.....

      Delete