Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 19- Houses


Iris wanted to make a house today for craft, so I asked her what kind she wanted to make.  Of course, between a house on paper and a stand up house, she chose a stand up house.  So that left me to wonder how to make a stand up house.
Conveniently, I just bought 2 boxes of tea, so I emptied the tea bags into the drawer and used the boxes as a base for houses.  Then I pulled out my various sized wooden Popsicle sticks and glue and went to work.  Penny really got into it, but that didn't surprise me, she got to use glue.  She would put a stick on the box and have me move it into place and we repeated the process until the very last side when she got tired of it.  I thought that was pretty good.  Iris managed to decorate her whole house by herself.  She loves things that she can make lines with, so this was right up her alley.
I will admit, I had to use Mike for his mind to make the roof.  He came up with this idea to take a piece of paper, fold it in half, and glue the sticks to the paper, then fold the paper and voila, roof.  Then, apparently I was REALLY tired, I couldn't figure out how to affix the roof to the house, and he once again came up with hot gluing the roof to the tops.  It worked really well... hot glue is such an amazing thing!

(Do you like the nice mixed drink that Mike made me tonight? Hope the blog makes sense hahaha)
Tomorrow is 1 week until Iris' 4th birthday, and this will start our first "Theme" Week.  ALL birthday, all week!  Any suggestions will be great! I think i'm going to try to make cupcake ornaments tomorrow, given that time allows. Oh and wish us luck, we find out how much our house is worth tomorrow morning, I'm nervous!

No comments:

Post a Comment