Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 15- disappointed, off base maybe?

So, i see these really cute wreaths around the web and at craft shows that are tied all around with scraps of fabric (http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/2408399).  I thought, "ok, I can modify this so that they aren't so huge, and much more reasonable for Iris and Penny to do."  So, i got out pipe cleaner and their halloween costumes (that they refused to wear) and started cutting scraps of material.  I made little pipe cleaner hoops, and handed them the scraps of fabric and showed them how it worked.  Iris did precisely THREE knots and said "i'm done! I don't want to do anymore." and she stopped.  Penny did more, she needed more help, but she got about 1/3 of the way around before saying "done!" and getting up.
Now, I know that Iris AND Penny are able to tie knots, because they are constantly tying things around themselves, scarves, ribbons, etc. and telling me that they have "bows" on them.  So, I KNOW that that isn't above their skill set.  But lately, I've been hitting duds, and I can't figure out why.  They are so excited to do craft, until I get everything out and start it.  If i just give them scraps of paper, glue sticks, and paint, they would sit there for hours, but how many times can I do that for a year????  Now I am stuck, how do i keep the kids interested in this for the next year?  I still have 350 days to go!
Honestly, I don't think it is even worth my time to post the pictures of today's craft :(  Maybe if i can talk them into finishing them tomorrow I will post pictures.  Or, if tomorrow's craft is better, I will upload pictures of today's.  Wish me luck.

On a positive note, I am happy to say that I officially have a craft ROOM.  I spent a good portion of today putting crafting supplies into the room, and it looks SOOO nice!  Yay for getting the house ready to sell :-p haha

No comments:

Post a Comment