Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 2- SUCCESS!

I am so excited!  Today's craft, water color Popsicles turned out to be a HUGE success.  Minimal preparation was required, as in, I took 10 minutes last night and filled an ice tray and dropped a few drops of different colored food color in each tray, stuck sticks in the trays and froze them overnight.



My 3yo paints at school almost every day.  They do this really cool technique where they wet both the paper and the brush, it turns into really beautiful paintings.  I was hoping that this would turn into something similar that she would enjoy just as much as she enjoys painting at school.
I must say, I was leery at best.  I was wondering if it would really work.  I thought it may not end up coloring on the paper at all, but I was presently surprised today when I got them out of the freezer, they worked SO well!  The kids had a blast, and I enjoyed them too.  Here are a few pictures of the finished products.  Quick, easy, and FUN, I will have to remember this one for summer time!
Still formulating tomorrow's craft, not sure what to do, but I am sure we will have fun.  I just want to give a prop to http://factorydirectcraft.com/factorydirectcraft_blog/ice-painting/ for the idea for today's craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment