Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 23- Party hats

Today, I stayed off of Pinterest, so I didn't get sidetracked, and I finally got to make party crowns.  I went between making them out of foam, out of construction paper, etc, and finally decided on a brown paper bag- not like I don't have 4 million of them!  So, I opened one up, cut 2 crowns out of it and let the girls go with markers.
What really surprised me today was that Penny was the most into the craft. She really enjoyed working on her hat. There were no fits, no screaming, no yelling, she just sat down and colored.  It could be because I actually FORCED her to nap today because she was SO exhausted.  She woke up on the wrong side of the bed, and by 1:10 she was STILL on the wrong side of the bed, so I put her down for a nap, she slept for 2.5 hours, woke up and was the happiest kid ever.  And since craft time was right after her nap, i think she came down in a good mood and well rested, and it made a world of difference.
Iris was very set on coloring the ENTIRE thing in, so she ended up getting bored not too far into it, but she had worked on it for close to 45 minutes when she told me she was done.  So, all in all, a successful craft day!  Sunday should be fun, we are definitely in the birthday spirit here!
 

1 comment:

  1. Nice, the pictures taken at Iris's birthday will be a special time to wear what they made themselves.....good idea..Susie

    ReplyDelete