Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 29- Birds

Let me start off by saying that as of tonight, I will hit 1000 page views!!! That is pretty exciting to me :)  So, thanks to all my readers out there.  I wish I knew who all of you are so that I could tell you each how much it means to sign on each day and see 15 or more new page views.  It definitely keeps me motivated to write a blog, even after a frustrating, exhausting day, and occasionally a total failure of a craft!

Iris informed me that she wanted to make birds today.  At first i thought "Ok, i'll get some different sized styrofoam balls, some construction paper, and some feathers.. let the kids stick feathers in the sytrofoam, glue some googly eyes on, a beak, and pipe cleaner legs, voila, bird"... but then i thought that i'd have to go to the store and buy feathers and styrofoam, so i decided to figure out a bird craft that we could do at home.

Any craft that we can either marker or paint is always a winner, so when i saw these birds on Pinterest, I figured that we could easily make these with everything we have in the house, and have a huge winner because we could paint and glue, and use googly eyes... only thing to make it better would be markers.

Supply list:

Paper plates
glue
googly eyes
construction paper
paint
scissors

This craft was SO easy.  All i had to do was cut ovals out of construction paper as the girls painted the back sides of paper plates that would become the birds' nests.  After the plates were painted, I cut them in half.  You could very easily use 1 plate to make 2 nests, but I glued the front and back together.  I was so impressed because I let Iris go with the glue, and she followed the curve perfectly.


I gave the girls glue and the face pieces, and I was pleasantly surprised to see how accurately they placed the eyes and beaks.  Once the birds were made, we used glue on the bottom half and stuck them inside their nests, and here are our birds.  Penny kept telling me how cute they were, so I think we hit a winner :)

I am only posting 1 picture because Blogger has me SO infuriated with the way it is uploading my pictures that I finally just give up!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR

No comments:

Post a Comment