Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 16- Mixes Like Oil and Water

Well, after yesterday's flop, I felt some pressure to find a winner.  I found a recipe for an oil and water "lava" bottle.  It was so simple!

Necessary items:
1) soda bottle, cleaned
2) 1/3 bottle full of water
3) baby oil
4) food color
5) sequin


6) glue

The best part of this craft was that the kids did EVERYTHING (save for adding the food coloring).  First, I measured about a 1/3 bottle of water then dumped it into a cup.  I know that seems counter intuitive, but I really wanted to keep the kids involved the whole way.  Then I pulled out the trusty funnel and my box o' misc. craft supplies.  I had each girl dump the water in their soda bottle then I added the few drops of food coloring.  After that, I let them have at the craft supplies.  Sequin, beads, rocks, it was all free game... even buttons and a googly eye lol.  After they were done adding things to the bottles, they poured baby oil to the top of the bottle, then I glued the cap to the top of the bottle.
Simple, CLEAN, and a lot of fun!  The girls really got into it, and I have enjoyed the finished product tonight haha.  I would HIGHLY recommend this project for those of you with little kids.  Besides, we ALL have baby oil sitting around that we don't use.  I finally used the baby oil that we've had sitting in the cabinet since Iris was born lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment