Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 3, a day late.. oops

Well, I failed, a day late on my post, but we DID craft yesterday.  Actually, it was a lot of fun, save the total meltdown Penny had because I wouldn't let her pour the paint :/  Once she got that out of her system, she loved "smashing" the paint.

The Set Up, so clean given what we were doing!


We painted suns, by simply cutting a white circle out of paper, pouring red, yellow, and orange paint randomly on the paper, covering it with plastic wrap and "smashing" and "pushing" the paint around until all of the white paper was covered.  After the paper was totally colored, we pulled the saran off (ok, I did, VERY carefully, and QUICKLY disposed of it in the trash!)  Then, I gave the girls each a toothpick, told them to stick the tooth pick into some paint that I poured onto their plates, and to make "Rays."  I put Rays in quotes because we are talking about a two and three year old.  Penny had a different idea about where the suns rays are.

 But, in the end, I think I can say the turned out awesome.  I love how they each turned out.  I wish Iris hadn't gotten tired 3/4 of the way around the sun, because I still like her sun more than mine.  I love Penny's abstract sun, it looks like the sun is letting off flares.  Mine seems boring in comparison.

I hope that missing yesterday's blog didn't ruin me for the year!  But, I kept up the main part of the goal, I made an art project with the kids!!  The idea for this project came from: http://mrskarensclass.blogspot.jp/2012/01/lets-fly-to-moon-or-jupiter.html with the help of my friend Patty.  Loved they link, THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment