Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 32- Valentine's Day begins!

Well, here we go, February 1st.  Day 32, a craft a day for over a month!  And that means that it is time to start making Valentine's crafts.

I will admit, i failed today.  You live, you learn.  I found BIG yarn needles, thinking that it would be easier for the girls to learn to "sew" with.  But, the eye was so big that it didn't fit through anything I had in the house... not even the shelf liner that someone on Pinterest recommended.  I ended up giving up and wrapping the end of yarn in tape and feeding it through the itty-bitty holes in the heart shaped mesh stuff... i don't even know what it is called.

Penny didn't want to do craft at ALL today, she just wanted to throw herself off chairs and cry.  So, being the wonderful mom I am, let her, haha.  Iris though, enjoyed trying to sew with the yarn.  She loved pulling the yarn through and then handing it back to me to feed through the next hole.  She wants to finish it tomorrow, but this is what it looks like so far...


1 comment:

  1. That is cute. I need to get my Valentine stuff out......have to climb into the crawl space....and that isn't easy....Always looking forwar do seeing what you have the girls make next.....Susie

    ReplyDelete