Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 51: Snowflakes

You know that old saying that goes something along the lines of "if you don't use it, you lose it"?  Well, I TOTALLY lost it.  I lost something I never realized that I could possibly lose.. my ability to make a folded snowflake cutout thingy.  I am ashamed to admit that it took me THREE attempts to actually make my own snowflake before i folded one to give it to the girls.  But, alas, I remembered how to make one.  (It really got my goat because Mike made one at the Children's Museum without any thought at all, and it worked the first time :-p  Oh well, I figured it out eventually.

I got the girls each a piece of paper, folded it, cut a general circular shape then let them each at it with a pair of scissors.  I was actually surprised at how much strength it required for the girls to cut through 4 layers of construction paper with safety scissors.  I was even more surprised that Penny actually asked me to help her!   So, I cut the snowflake out for her after her first 2 cuts and handed it over for her to color it in.

In the end, this is what she came over and handed me, telling me "Here you go Mommy, it's for you!"

Iris also made her own snowflake.  She was determined to get hers done completely by herself.  I was really impressed when she came to show me hers. .. my girlies are growing up so fast!


Oh yeah, and we apparently figured out SOMETHING to help Iris sleep.. I don't know if it is was the antibiotic, the clairitin, the honey elixir  or the humidifier, but SOMETHING has made her sleep the last 2 nights, so i am afraid to change anything :)

1 comment:

  1. Yea Iris......you go girl.....nice snowflake for a 4 year old....and remember what I said, you deserve a day off now and then.....

    ReplyDelete