Friday, February 8, 2013

Day 39: I've been slacking on the Blog Posts..


Ok, so for real tonight, here is a decent blog... hopefully you think so at least :-p...

I knew we were going to have to redo a craft, the girls LOVED making crayons and as I said a few days ago, Iris wanted to make crayons for her friends at school.  So today, I went and I found red, purple, pink, white, and GLITTER crayons to make very Valentine colored heart crayons.  We spent most of the mid afternoon ripping paper off crayons... only to discover 3 crayons from the end, that if I just sliced the paper with the knife, it literally just falls off the crayon.... oh well ya live ya learn!

I am happy about the way these crayons turned out because they are very cohesive, they have a theme, and I like things that "match" lol.  having pink, black, green, blue, purple, yellow, etc all in one crayon drove me a little crazy earlier this week hehe. Can someone explain to me why the white crayons float to the top while baking?  The white is always on top once it comes out of the oven... well i guess, bottom since you bake them upside down. So, I have one more batch to make, and I'm going to go dig in the basement to find my heart shaped cupcake holders to make Miss Mary and Miss Tricia each a big crayon to go with their Valentine's Day cards.

I also went through and finished the Valentine's that we have cut/ punched so that I could show you what they are going to look like in the end.  As I said before, they are glitter cardstock on the bottom, white cardstock that we have written our message on, and Iris colors, in the center, and then velum, cut the same size as the large heart on top.  I have this really nifty hole punch that is made specifically for ribbon attaching. I found it YEARS ago, when Mike and I were making our wedding invites.  I spent a LOT of hours learning the best way to use that silly thing, but it has been well worth every cent I paid for it, 6 1/2 years ago :-p

 

 
I have another few crafts up my sleeve for the next few days.  And we will decorate my dad's birthday cake in the morning as well.  It smelled so good baking!! haha  It is late though, and we have an incredibly busy day tomorrow, so I MUST go to bed if I am going to be worth anything, even after i get coffee in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment