Monday, February 11, 2013

Day 42- heart stamps


You know, a few years ago, we saved all our toilet paper tubes for like a year... I wanted to try something with them, i think in the garden, maybe.  Well, we finally threw the extras (like the extra 30 we had sitting in a drawer in the bathroom) away a few months ago, now I'm kicking myself in the butt for doing so.  Hindsight is 20/20, ya know?  I am constantly saving our toilet paper tubes now because I keep finding cute ideas to try, but it takes x number and by the time I gather the necessary number of tubes, I am already finding another project I want to do.  Feel free to save your toilet paper tubes if you are going to see me in the near future!

And, that brings me around to today.  I saw this adorable idea on pinterest, heart shaped "stamps" made simply of toilet paper rolls.  It was a similar idea to the circular stamps we did last month, but this time around, I creased the toilet paper rolls and taped them with packing tape-- imagine that, we have enough of it around right now!-- to hold them in the "<3" shape.  Then, I poured red, pink, silver, and white paint on paper plates, gave the kids, me, and for a nice change, Mike, a piece of construction paper and away we went!








It was a really enjoyable craft.  The girls really had a lot of fun stamping, there were no outbursts, and it was really organized for once!

Here are the fun designs that we created:

Penny's- she kept saying "Ohh, it's so hard!!!" while she pounded the tubes onto the paper.  Why is she soooo cute????? lol:













Iris's:













Mine:

















Mike's:


1 comment:

  1. This one ----- I like this. Who would have ever thought. I like...

    ReplyDelete