Saturday, February 9, 2013

Day 40: Paper Hearts

Today, we have been non-stop go since about 8 a.m.  We will have a lot of days like this in the near future I do believe... We started to clear the house out for putting it on the market (anyone looking for a cute 3 bedroom house in Parma???? haha).

I knew my mother-in-law planned on taking the girls for me today, so I bought these really cute Valentine's Crafts at Jo-Anns and sent it with them to Thompson to visit Great Grandma.  I thought it would be really fun for the girls and Grandma to do a craft with each other... but you know what they say, "The best laid plans...."  Grandma's friend came to do her hair as soon as they sat down to make craft and that is exactly where it stayed, on the table.

the FIRST thing Iris told me today was "Mommy!  We forgot to do craft at Great Grandma's!!!"  Well, it was already 6:30... the time which we NORMALLY go to bed and they were just getting home, hadn't had dinner, and still had to do craft... alright, Kara, think quick! Thankfully, I had already had a craft in mind, another easy, hopefully quick craft.  So, now was the PERFECT time to make it happen.

Paper hearts...

I found this idea on Pinterest (where else, really??) and all I needed was paper, a hole punch, and brads.  how easy is that????

So, to make these, you cut the paper into 1 inch strips length-wise... I think 8 strips total would be ideal, i did 12, and it was a bit too many... but that is neither here nor there at this point.  Split them in half, and make 2 full length, cut 1 inch off 2, cut 2 inches off 2, and cut 3 inches off 2...
(this seems so much easier in my head)... separate them into 2 piles, with the wrong sides facing you, from the smallest to the largest strip.  so it will look like this: llll then, put the right sides together like so:

llll  llll
^
Whole punch this side first
now...  the end that is all even once you line them all up, hole punch them and secure a brad into the holes......  (i can't wait until i can take pictures of these... they are upstairs in the girls room and they are sleeping). 

We are almost to the end now:  turn them right side out and line up the uneven ends of paper... you will now notice that you have concentric (right word? I think???) heart shapes.  Hole punch the bottom of the "heart" and put another brad into it.

Presto, PAPER HEART!  My dad is here right now and he was really impressed, so I think that that must be a good sign :)

No comments:

Post a Comment