Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 54: Drink Cozy

(Sweaters before)
So, here I sit, trying something new... I am in the bathroom while the girls all get their baths before bed.  We shall see how this goes, as Coraline is splashing water everywhere, and I have a towel draped over my laptop as I type.

I found these ADORABLE drink cozies on http://www.meetthedubiens.com/search/label/crafts website.  She has some really really cute craft ideas, and I really wanted to try these as soon as possible.  I had to buy sweaters though, so a trip to Salvation Army was in order yesterday.  I am sure that there was a lamb and rabbit somewhere crying that I was SHRINKING 2 EXPRESS 100% wool/angora sweaters by washing them in hot water- twice, and drying them on high- twice.

But, once I had them dried, I cut the cuffs off the sweaters and started.  The blue sweater was good enough that I didn't feel the need to stitch the cut ends, but Mike felt like the gray/black sweater needed to be seamed, so he did a very basic stitch to keep his from unraveling.  Once that was done, we were able to start sewing accents on.

We obviously started with the girls, Mike "helped" Penny sew her heart and buttons on.  Basically, Penny picked the thread color and the buttons and he proceeded to sew everything on.  She did help by pulling the thread through a few times before she tired of it.  I must say, Mike is becoming a very good sew-er (I want to say "Sewer" but I think that that would be too easily confused with the place where sewage goes :-p).




I helped Iris, which I must admit was very similar to helping Penny, but she had a longer attention span and more opinions lol.  Iris wanted a cat, with a pink heart nose, and pink eyes.  She was quite insistent on it having a yellow mouth, so I accommodated with HORRIBLE stitchery :-p I am learning quickly that I am not a cross stitcher by any stretch of the imagination, so I just wing it and hope it turns out well.



Mike likes to call his "As Whimsical As OCD Gets"


And then mine... Obviously, I am Mom haha.

(Our Cozy Family)
Oh, and btw, I started this blog at 6... it is now 8:10 and i have spent the last 45 minutes messing with pictures getting them to show up the right orientation... STUPID BLOGGER!!!!! I am actually looking into getting my own website so that I don't have to fight with blogger/word press that doesn't have a ROTATE option on pictures!  That would serious be the best option ever for this this.

No comments:

Post a Comment