Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 48: Daisies


We are working sooo hard at getting the house ready to sell that Craft time on the weekend is running short. I had every intention of getting back to the mobiles that we started yesterday, but I had an idea yesterday as we were making them that I decided to act upon.  I want to get dried lavender and stuff it inside of Penny's to hopefully help calm her at night.  She has been having TERRIBLE night terrors for the last few weeks, so I am happy to try EVERYTHING in my power to help her relax.

So, as we were getting ready to start dinner, I realized that I needed to come up with a craft, STAT.  And, it was if the Craft Fairy beat me on the head with her wand, because I thought about making a flower out of hand prints.  So easy, and fun, and the kids could be really involved.

I traced their hands 6 times each on a paper color of their choice- Iris, Pink (obviously!!!) and Penny chose yellow- a nice surprise :)   I cut them out, they each helped me glue them in a circle. I made a center out of blue construction paper, and then a huge green stem.... then I set them free with markers.  They LOVE markers, so it was a lot of fun for them.




To be honest, I think that this is one of my favorite crafts!  I am starting to have more faith in my craft ideas, and I am spending less and less time on Pinterest.  Which is good, because I can burn HOURS there!

1 comment:

  1. These would be cute to put on their windows in their rooms....maybe not right now that you will be wanting to sell your house. But, you could have them make a few more for the new house....Or, put string on them, and hang them from the ceiling.....

    ReplyDelete