Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 50: Sick Kiddos :(

Well, we didn't sleep much last night, at all!  Spent the morning at the doctors office with a 4 year old with an ear infection, a 2.5 year old with a cough, and an 11 month old with a 102 fever... all of them coughing their heads off.  Thankfully, it seems that it is all bacterial- except maybe Iris' ear infection, but nothing seems like it is dangerous, just really annoying.  But, because of the lack of sleep, we were ALL tired today.  Craft was difficult today just because of the exhaustion, so I was REALLY thankful that I had those butterfly pieces ready to go for Penny.

She really enjoyed putting the glue on the butterfly, and she actually allowed me to help her put tissue paper on the butterfly.  She was very proud of it when she was done.  I see her getting more patient with crafts as we go.  It is truly baby steps, but I am noticing an improvement.  She gets frustrated, she screams and yells, but she cools off quickly and wants to get help, or at least wants to continue and is willing to bend her prevailing opinions.

While I worked with Penny on her butterfly, I gave Iris her own little project.  I like allowing her to have truly creative work from time to time and today was a great day to do that.  I gave her a small sheet (a little bigger than a 5x7... maybe 6x8? i dunno)  of foam and free reign on all of our peel and stick foam pieces.  Letters, bugs, animals, princess, flowers, hearts, ladybugs, etc etc etc. 

I decided against pictures today because you have already seen the butterfly yesterday and Penny's isn't substantially different than Iris', just different colors.  And, Iris walked away with hers and I can't find it :-p  Hopefully, we will be feeling MUCH better tomorrow!!! It sounds like the kids are sleeping very well with the humidifier.  Iris hasn't had a coughing fit in over an hour, knock on wood!

1 comment:

  1. You do a much better job than I do......I would have said heck with craft day.....go to sleep. Ha.Ha. Remember a hint on coughing, rub lots of Vicks on their feet, and put socks on....Good luck, hoping for a better day tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete