Friday, February 22, 2013

Day 53: Bird Feeders

Today was the easiest craft I could come up with.  We had a friend here, and I knew that we were going to be running low on time today.  This is actually something that I have wanted to do for awhile because I thought the girls would enjoy it.  I just had to wait until we had enough toilet paper rolls.  I swear, I am CONSTANTLY trying to collect these things now!!!

But, simple!  Less than 20 minutes start to finish- great for craft in a pinch.  The best piece of advice i can give for this craft is PROTECT YOUR SURFACE!  If you give a 2 and a 4 year old a butter knife full of peanut butter, you want your table COVERED.  Once again, this was a craft where that huge stack of paper bags i've been saving has come in handy- BIG time.

After the tube was covered with peanut butter, we rolled them in bird seed. I need to hang a string from it to go hang them in the tree tomorrow, but this is what they look like (not ours, but hey, a tube covered in PB and rolled in birdseed is all going to look the same, right? lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment