Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 34- Birthday Cards part 2

So, we had to take a break from Valentine's Day crafts to make birthday cards for Pappy Lewis and PapPap.  My dad turned 56 yesterday, and my uncle's birthday will be on Tuesday, so we had to make sure to make cards for them this week.  I should have made cards earlier, but to be honest, February totally snuck up on me and I didn't even realize it was my dad's birthday until late yesterday evening.  But, i called him and said happy birthday before the end of the evening, so it is OK! haha



We didn't quite go as all out this time with gluing stuff on, but I found these really fun twistable crayons that that were metallic, neon, and multicolored.  The girls had a lot of fun, and then they found some pastelish markers, I didn't even know we had them, and had a lot of fun coloring.  Iris is getting really creative with her  tracing.  She managed to complete go around the sketched S, trace the I and the R, and she gave a valent effort at tracing the heart.  She is also recognizing that I is the first letter of her name, which makes me really happy.



I hope that this makes any sense, because we are watching the Super Bowl as I am typing, and I am not entirely sure that I have made a cohesive thought :)  I will end this with: Happy Birthday Pappy Lewis and PapPap Mack!  We love you both very much, and hope that you have wonderful birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment