Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 33- Valentine's Day 2


It used to be easy, look up at the clock and find the date, write that on the header.  Now, I actually have to pay attention to what my previous blog was.
We have had terrible lake effect snow for the last 48 hours.   I was afraid we were going to be totally snowed in today, but we managed to get out and go to Amazone with the girls and some friends.  So that ate up a huge chunk of our craft time.  Thankfully, I had already planned a very easy dinner and a relatively easy craft.

I am realizing that I can't have in depth crafts every day.  Every once in awhile, I need to do something easy and fun.  Today's craft was both easy AND fun.  Stringing beads on to pipe cleaners.  It doesn't seem all that exciting, but the girls really enjoyed it, and my super OCD personality enjoyed being able to make a perfect pattern with the beads!


Iris took right to it, stringing all of her beads onto the pipe cleaner that I had formed into a heart.  Penny wanted nothing to do with the heart shape, so hers turned out to be more like a snake of some sort, but it was colored in a very Valentiney way :)  Honestly, sometimes it is really nice to just sit back and let the kids lead craft.  Today was a seriously low stress day.  And 2 days and 2 Valentine's themed crafts done... only 12 more to go :)

1 comment:

  1. Great job....I like this one. Keep up the good work....Susie

    ReplyDelete