Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 35- Handprint Hearts


This is a new one, I am currently writing my blog in peace and quiet.  The house is cleaned up for the night, the baby is sleeping, and other than her, I am completely alone.  Mike took Iris and Penny to the library for story time by himeself today because I am just not feeling like it.  We are all (but Mike) fighting some sort of head cold, and I just didn't want to go out tonight in the cold and snow.  So here I sit, 7:25, mostly alone, blogging with the last few minutes alone that I have.

A week or so ago I came up with this handprint heart idea.  I figured, I could have the girls overlap their hand prints in the shape of a heart.  And it involves PAINT! haha.  I am not saying that I am the first person to ever think of this, but I love when I come up with an idea on my own.  I don't feel totally uncreative then :)

Today seemed like a good day to break out the handprint heart, so I grabbed some red paint and construction paper.  As an afterthought, I got the glue and some glitter too to decorate it them a little more, oh and crayons since they love to color.

I simply had them hold their fingers together and press their hands onto the paper.... Then did the other hand, lining their fingers up together, slightly overlapping their thumbs.  When they lifted their hands up, there were perfect hearts!

I love when my ideas turn out just as well, if not better, than I had hopped!



All of my pictures are crooked, but I HATE blogger's picture editing, and I am done with it.... GAH STUPID BLOGGER!!!!!!  Seriously thinking about switching to wordpress...

No comments:

Post a Comment