Friday, February 15, 2013

Day 46: Thinking About a New House

First, here is yesterday's craft.  The girls were so proud of them, and I really think they turned out nicely.  I have to give a shout out to my dad for cutting the hearts out.  He is learning quickly what it is like to have a LOT of granddaughters.  I just hope one day, he can have a grandson haha.  I mean He loves the girls, but I bet he will have a blast with a little boy trailing behind him the way our girls do!




















So, back to today.  We are getting really close to putting the house on the market, meaning that we are just slightly further from buying a new house. That means that we are going to be going through a big change.  I have been really happy with how well the girls have dealt with the idea of moving so far.  Mike and I have really tried to play it off as something that just happens.  We tell them that we will have a bigger house, closer to school, and it is going to be better for us.  They seem to be really excited about the move, even helping us pack up.  But, I am sure that when we actually go to move, there is going to be a lot of emotion involved.  So, I have been trying to get them ready for the fact that we are going to have a new house... especially since Iris can now direct me to our house from a mile away :-p

I decided to periodically throw in a craft for our new house, so today, I had them make their "dream" room.  We started with the color paper that they want the paint to be in their room, then Mike started cutting out "furniture" from construction paper.  We didn't get it all the way done, you know, there is no bed yet... but, there is a dresser and a Christmas tree.  And if you know our house, you know that the Christmas tree is a vital part of the girls' room. 














At some point, I want to make a collage/scrap book of this house so that they remember it, and they have it just in case they get out of sorts in our next house.  I know that this is going to be a transition period for our family, and I am hoping to make it as smooth as possible.  

1 comment:

  1. These are great ! They will laugh so hard one day at some of these. But, as for now, they are doing great. Have had great ideas....on how their rooms will look. Ha.Ha.

    ReplyDelete