Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 45: The Big Surprise!

Well, I was so excited that I finally got to photograph the surprise we have been working on for the last big hearts, which we just HAD to have... so, MORE painting.  week, that I totally forgot to take a picture of today's craft!  Leave it to me :-p  So, real quick, for today's craft, we simply painted two of the hearts my dad cut out of 1/8 inch wood.  For being such a simple craft, the girls really loved painting them and were VERY excited to show Mike when he got home.

So, here is the big surprise!:



This has been MULTIPLE work days.. First we started by painting the popcicle sticks... that took 2 days in and of itself.  Then we had to go pick out a frame to put the sticks on.  And of course, we started looking around Jo-Anns and found wooden hearts, so we had to get those, and of course, MORE painting!

Once all the pieces were dry and adhered to the frame, we got to decorate it with foam hearts, love stickers, and lady bugs.  To be honest, I think that it turned out REALLY well.

I did have to go get the kids' pictures taken.  It turned out MUCH better than I was expecting.  We went Portrait Innovations because they are the ONLY place in Cleveland that has same day pictures.  WE used them during Thanksgiving to get a picture of ALL the grandkids and my in-laws and it was a horrible experience.  So much so that I swore up and down that I would NEVER go to another Portrait Innovations, but, as they say, Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures..... well, I was desperate, especially come Tuesday... and the KILLER 14.99 photo package didn't hurt any either :-p  So, we hauled ourselves to Portrait Innovations and they managed to get me ONE good picture of all three girls together, and I walked away with more pictures than I know what to do with and Mike's Valentine's Gift in the bag!

Mike surprised me tonight too, he made ice cream and candied almonds, OMG, delicious !!!!!  Can't wait for more, possibly the best ice cream ever!  I have a wonderful husband :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh this one is great.....and I love the picture of the girls. Did you post this picture on FB? I'll have to copy and get a copy made. The idea of this frame is really neat.. Great job girls...

    ReplyDelete