Friday, May 31, 2013

Day 150: Play food- part 1

Tonight, I decided to begin the process of making play food with the kids.  I have been stock piling felt for just such an occasion, I have grand plans of making hamburgers, Buns, cheese, etc with them, but we started with 2 very simple foods: Ravioli and Eggs.

The process is really very simple.  All i did was take a rotary cutter and make cloud like shapes of white and then circles of yellow for over easy eggs.  Then I took a pair of pinking sheers and cut squares of tanish colored felt for ravioli.  The girls helped me roll balls of batting to stuff the eggs with, then they put glue around the edges and sealed the yolks onto the eggs.  I added straight pins to give it some extra sticking power while the glue is drying.  We did the same process with the raviolis too.  They are still drying, so you can see the pins in every thing.

Honestly, Iris was really into it.  She enjoyed gluing, and sticking and helping me hold the felt together so i could pin it in place.  I think she is at the right age for these type of projects, Penny is just a little young.  This will be a multi step process, and it will probably span the course of many months, but hey, it is a start!


No comments:

Post a Comment