Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 123: Potted Plant Holders

Today's craft is brought to you by The Home Depot.  I am telling you what, I LOVE this kids project thing they do on the first Saturday of the month!  Last Month's was a little more complicated than the girls were able to do on their own, but today's craft was literally a dab of glue and a screw, YAY!

They made these really cute little potted plant holders.  They are just simply a piece of wood for the back, and a piece of some sort of fiber board with 2 large holes cut out for the potted plants to go into.  All the kids had to do was put a dab of wood glue on the fiber board and screw the back piece onto it, then they got to paint them.

Iris is really surprising me lately, at least these last two Home Depot crafts, because she has gone for the really dark colored paints.  Penny on the other hand has chosen very light, very girly colors (especially today).  I was really proud of both of them for how well they painted and how nice their plant holders turned out.  Can't wait to get home to put plants in them :)

I will post pictures tomorrow (I hope.) It took 5 hours for the pictures to get from Mike's phone to my e-mail last night... I'm a little afraid to try to upload those pictures and try to upload new pictures tonight, so I will have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment