Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 142: Pinecone

I won't lie, I don't know what to call this... it is the brain child of Iris.  She got everything out she wanted and she had a plan.  I ended up having to help her because the glitter glue was too empty for her to squeeze out of the tube, and the elmers glue was not going to hold the pinecone to the base (a cabinet door pull).

But, we used a wooden cabinet door pull, then hot glued a pinecone to it.  once the pinecone dried, we used glitter glue and put a dot on each of the "leaves" (what are the little pieces of a pinecone called???) and iris started to color the base pink but gave up.  Honestly, I think it is really pretty, i love how it turned out.  I think we may have to resurrect this craft around christmas time somehow.

I liked the blurry one because it looks so sparkly :) hehe





Penny just colored with markers while Iris and I worked on her craft.  But, Penny was very excited to color. That is exactly what she wanted to do, and her coloring is getting much more deliberate and even.  My girls are growing up!


No comments:

Post a Comment