Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 122: Breast Cancer Ribbons

What a fun day we had.  The girls had their very first ever manicures/pedicures at a nail salon that had children's chairs.  And our day got busier from there!  By the time we were finally able to get to craft, it was almost 8 o'clock, but I thought about it and decided that, since we are walking in the breast cancer walk tomorrow, we could make our very own breast cancer ribbons.  I wanted to do something different than just making a loop with a ribbon, or coloring a ribbon on a paper, so I asked Mike to go out back and cut some new growth off of a tree so we could use the twigs to make ribbons.

Once Mike got the twigs cut, we found some pink ribbon and worked on rolling the ribbon around the branches.  It was really a great craft for little hands, because once the ribbon was started, all that had to be done was to twist the twig around in circles until it was wrapped, tip to tip in pink ribbon.  Once they were wrapped, I secured Iris' with glue, Mike tied Penny's ribbon off, and we wrapped them into the ribbon shape.  To keep them closed, we tied a small pink ribbon in the center of the twist, and here is what we were left with.  Two perfect breast cancer ribbons!

Ok.. just kidding... no pictures. I have been waiting for 10 minutes for them to come to my inbox and they just aren't going to come and my computer is running SOOOO slow.  I guess pictures will come later :(


No comments:

Post a Comment