Saturday, May 25, 2013

Day 144: Dr. Pepper Jelly

Yup, you heard me right.  Dr. Pepper Jelly.  AMAZING!  I will just start with the recipe @ http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1723,148176-244202,00.html .  btw, it makes a lot more than recipe indicates, I used 4 1 cup jars, and we ended up having about 1.5 cups left at the end that we just stuck in a big mason jar and used tonight for dinner.  Oh, you COULD use a few drops of red food color to make it more aesthetically pleasing, but we didn't.

Penny helped me by adding all the ingredients to the pan and began stirring it for me.  Iris helped by stirring periodically as well.  I can't even begin to stress how amazing this jelly is!  I don't know why I don't have very much to say about this craft, because it was a lot of fun.

The girls really got to see the whole process from the very beginning to getting to eat it on pancakes tonight.  I was really concerned about how pop and jelly would work together, and I wondered how it would taste on something.  Believe me when I say, Dr. Pepper Jelly on pancakes, it has rocked our worlds! haha



No comments:

Post a Comment