Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day 131: Garden Transplanted

So, I am really proud of our potted garden.  I do have 1 concern though, I may have planted leaf lettuce, instead of head lettuce :/  If that is the case, I am going to have 10 pieces of lettuce... I guess time will tell!

Today though, we transplanted our garden into bigger pots.  We have been watching them grow now for quite awhile and I finally realized, they have outgrown their temporary housing and it was time to get them ALL into bigger pots.  So, on Friday, Penny and I went to Home Depot and got some more dirt and today, in 40* weather, we laid a drum liner on the floor in the kitchen and transplanted our broccoli and lettuce into larger pots.  Now, of course, it is going to freeze tonight (and possibly tomorrow night) so I have 4 big pots full of veggies in the house, and i'm hoping the cat doesn't get hungry in the middle of the night, because I will have 2 pissed off kiddos tomorrow!

After we transplanted the veggies, we went to the computer and found coloring pictures of each of the vegetables and I printed one out for each of the girls.  Then, I had them each color their pictures, and I used them to make plant markers.  I need to find a way to protect them from weather- any ideas?

Then I got to use my AWESOME new glitter pens that Mike got me for mother's day to write the names on the sticks.  I got some pretty exciting things for mothers day, especially crafting stuff- like 50 foam brushes!!!  YAY!!! and a TON of glitter glue pens :)  9 of them, the nicest glitter pens i have every used too.  These are mommy's glitter pens hehe.



No comments:

Post a Comment