Saturday, May 25, 2013

Day 143: Caterpillars

Sorry about last night, time got away from me and before I knew it, it was 11 and I hadn't blogged.  At that point, I was just too tired :-p

I was a little bummed out yesterday because I was all ready to make Jelly with the girls, and found out that I was out of lemon juice.  So, I had to come up with a quick backup craft, and thanks to my wonderful hubby, we came up with these cute little caterpillars.  They were a great toddler crafts, and very easy for the girls to make on their own.

I know we did something similar to these on January 1st, but those were painted dragons, these are in fact different :-p

needed items:

egg carton
glue
pom poms
pipe cleaner
googly eyes

Mike and I cut the egg holders out of the carton then the girls were able to do the rest of the craft almost completely alone.  They each had a bottle of glue and got to put a dot of glue on top of 5 of the 6 egg cups and then pick 5 pom poms to put on top.  for the head, Mike and I poked 2 holes into the sides of the egg cup and the girls got to make antennas with pipe cleaners.  Then, 2 dots of glue and 2 googly eyes on the front, and we were done!  They are super cute, and now they are looking forward to making butterflies in a few days. (hint hint hint) But first- JELLY! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment