Friday, April 26, 2013

Days 115/116

Sorry for the combined post with NO pictures!  Yesterday was one of the longest nights i can remember having!  I ended up driving around for over 3 hours to find a booster seat for Penny for her birthday.  I was so tired by the time I got home at 9:55, that I just didn't have it in me to blog!... the lack of pictures will be explained soon enough!

Lets start with Day 116:

Remember those beads I made last week?  The ones out of the crayola model magic?  Well, they turned out perfectly, so we made bracelets yesterday.  I let the kids use buttons, and beads, and the homemade beads. They sat at the table so nicely, stringing beads onto their craft thread, and they both turned out very nicely.

Iris was so proud of hers, that she wanted to take it to school today to show her teacher.  I allowed her to take it into the van, but made her leave it there, so that it wouldn't get lost.  Well, Penny found it and tore all the homemade beads into little shreds before I realized it.  I was so sad for Iris.  I cleaned up all the traces, and I hope that she just forgets about it, because I know that she will be upset if she finds out Penny broke it. :(

Day 117:

Today, you aren't getting pictures because Iris went CRAZY with glitter glue and every time i touch her craft, i get glitter glue all over me.  So I am going to let it dry first.. like maybe next week :-p

We made Doc McStuffins, Big Books of Boo-Boos today for craft.  It was a lot of fun.  They are REALLY into Doc McStuffins right now, and I've caught them both "writing" in their "big book of boo-boos" and I saw them at Toys R Us today for $7.  I thought that was a little ridiculously, so we came home and made our own.

We used foam for the front and back covers (about 6"x6"), and construction paper cut to the same size, for the pages.  I used a hole punch to poke holes in the covers and the pages so that once they are done, I can string them together and the kids can have a working book.

I put the "Big Book Of Boo-Boos" letters on the back, but they each got to pick their own inside paper color, as well as decorate the front cover.  Again, Iris went OVERBOARD on the glitter glue, i don't know if it will EVER dry at this point :/  Hopefully, pictures will be added to this one before too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment