Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 112: Homemade Bath Paints


A 70* day after a bitterly cold weekend, we'll take it!  That also means that we were outside for over 4 hours today, so I am exhausted.  I don't think the kids were that tired, but are kids ever???  I came across a homemade bath paints idea a few months ago, and I thought "that would be fun to try" but bath is usually too late, the kids are too tired, and I'm too frazzled to think, so I've put it on the back burner.. until now.

Tonight, I looked up the bath paint "recipe" online and came across a few different ones.  The most common is to use clear/unscented baby body wash, cornstarch, and food color.  Another blog i found said baby body wash, corn starch and kool-aid.  A third blog said to use shaving cream and food coloring.  Now, I must admit, I was scared about the food coloring and shaving cream idea after the marbled eggs left my hands rainbow colored for three days last month.  But, I still had shaving cream, so I combined two ideas.  Shaving cream and kool-aid.  I did do 1 cup with 1 drop of blue food coloring, and it was the prettiest of the colors.  But, the kool-aid smelled delicious while they were playing :-p

The girls loved the bath paint.  The water was purple by the time they were done, they did more smear it on and erase it than they did painting, but Penny was truly disappointed when we said that paint time was over with.  All things considered, I'd call this a success!


No comments:

Post a Comment