Monday, April 15, 2013

Day 105: Chalk play

Today, I decided that because it was such a nice day, I wanted to get the kids outside for some play.  I thought that doing a project craft might be fun.  I have found a lot of recipes to make different kids of chalk and i've been planning on making chalk for awhile now.  With that, I thought that it would be kind of fun to give the kids (and us) a baseline as to what store bought chalk looks like.  So, this evening, I set the kids loose with the chalk bucket and here are their creations.  It will be interesting to see the difference in the next few days/weeks that we make our own types of chalk.





On a personal note, my heart goes out to Boston.  I live in an idealistic lala lands where I like to believe that these senseless acts of extreme violence are behind us, but it seems that every time I turn on the TV or the computer there is something else smacking us in the face that senseless violence is very much so a part of the world we live in.  While I know that there are many injured, and a few who have died from this, I feel that this could have been so so much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment