Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 98: Flower cutouts

So, a few months ago, I saw this really cute paper punch craft done with paint samples from a hardware store.  I had been thinking about it and thinking about it, and thought it would be a super easy, fun craft to do with the girls.  On Friday, we went to Jo-Ann's and picked out a paper punch (daisy) that they liked, and then on Saturday, after making our bird houses, we went to the paint department and they picked out paint swatches that they liked.

That is where it went south.  I didn't quite know where to go with this craft.  The picture I had seen, they had used a brown paper back as a gift bag for someone, well I had no need for a paper bag, and I had no real direction to go.  Mike suggested just gluing them onto a piece of green construction paper, but we had a lot of green paint swatches, so I went with black.

I really wanted to make something as well, but I spent the entire time punching daisies out so that Iris could hoard them only to pile them all up on her paper at the last possible second and declare craft "done".  Penny did actually enjoy gluing her pieces on the construction paper.  I got a P glued on before the kids lost total interest and craft was effectively OVER.




No comments:

Post a Comment