Friday, April 19, 2013

Day 109: What a day!

Well, let me digress before I even begin.  I have been sitting, GLUED to the computer for the last two hours, afraid to blink because Watertown has been on the brink of closure.  I am so thankful to see that this ordeal can now be laid to rest for a town, state honestly, that hasn't been able to sleep comfortably for 5 days now. My heart is heavy for those whose lost loved ones, and for all those who have been injured by these senseless acts.  I am still more than slightly shocked that this happened in the US again.  I hope that EVERY family has closure, the victims, and the suspects.  Everyone deserves closure in this regard.

But, for craft today, I attempted the glitter jar idea.  I found it online through a friend on facebook.  It is a jar that you fill with water, food color, glitter and glitter glue.  The person that created this glitter jar had this beautiful light pink water with purple/pink glitter sunk to the bottom.  Well, my kids got to them and they are clumps of glitter at the bottom and Iris' is dark red and Penny's is dark dark dark blue.... as are my hands.  I look like a smurf.  Thanks to Penny dropping the blue food coloring INTO the glitter before I added water.  I had to fish the food color out and it was a nightmare.  I hope that I don't look like a smurf for the rest of the weekend :-p

It is way past bedtime, the Watertown thing has had me hooked all night and unable to focus on this.  I will leave you with the recipe to make this.

a small container with lid (WATER TIGHT!)
a few tubes of glitter (SMALL tubes of glitter)
1 tube of glitter glue (i think i would do a larger tube)
warm water
1-2 drops of food coloring

add everything to the jar, cap it, and shake.  It does turn into a very pretty glitter jar, just ours are MUCH too dark, and Penny's leaks like a breached levy!  I will need to switch bottles for her sooner rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment