Saturday, April 13, 2013

Day 103: Homemade bubbles

So, this really isn't a "craft" but it is an engaging activity that both girls got a chance to do their own.  I really wanted to make sidewalk chalk, and i thought i had all the necessary "ingredients" but when it came time to make it, I realized that my recipe was for sidewalk paint, not chalk.  And since it was 43* and cloudy/rainy all day today, i didn't think that sidewalk paint would be fair to anyone.  So, I changed it at the last minute and we made our own bubbles.

It is a very easy process, 1/2 cup dawn, 2 cups water, 2 tsp sugar.  Now, i can't figure out what the sugar does, and I am wondering if i could have replaced it with corn starch to make the bubbles a little "stronger" like the Gymboree bubbles.  But, we did sugar in ours, and they worked well.  All you do is mix everything up, whisk it, and blow bubbles!

the kids had a BLAST.  We gave them straws to dip into the bubbles and blow bubbles with, they just stuck it into the mix and blew the biggest bubbles ever.  Our table was a soapy mess!  However, i think it is cleaner now than it has ever been :)

Mike took a few pictures, but he hasn't sent them to me, and I don't have the heart to ask him right now because he is fighting with his airplane.

No comments:

Post a Comment