Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 107: Modeling Foam

You know, there are crafts that we have done that I really thought that they would be awesome crafts for the kids and they end up totally uninterested.  Today, I grabbed a few bags of Model Magic out of the craft drawer.  I have absolutely no idea where this stuff came from, it showed up in a drawer at the beginning of the year, and I never remember buying it.  I honestly had NO expectations of this being a successful craft, but I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised!

I really didn't know what to expect from Model Magic either, I halfway expected it to crumble, be a mess, be dry, etc etc etc.  It wasn't very much when I opened the packages, VERY small packages, and weighed next to nothing.  I very apprehensively split each of the 4 bags into 3 pieces and gave each of us a piece.  Once we started working and playing with everything, I was very surprised to find just how far each little piece of this stuff went!

The girls rolled it out into patties, they rolled it into snakes, the smashed it together, cut out snow men and stars, they smashed it with different things to see how it squished.  Penny figured out how to make it look like poop... the things that come out of her mouth at times cracks me up!

At the very end- the girls smashed all their pieces on top of each other and stuck a "flag" in it :-p

And I made beads (given that they dry?) for a future craft...





No comments:

Post a Comment