Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 88: Egg Dying SUCCESS!

So, after the major flop last night, I decided to give us a pretty sure fire success, and I bought WHITE eggs. I never buy white eggs any more, and because for some reason, only brown eggs are organic/free range/hand gathered/cage free/pasture raised, etc.  But, i sucked it up and bought a carton of white eggs today and I am SO glad I did!

We decided to make Kool-Aid eggs tonight, and they are GORGEOUS!  They are the prettiest, brightest eggs i have ever made!  We used lemonade, Cherry, Strawberry, Grape, Blue something or other, Lime and Orange Kool-Aide. So easy, so quick, and so fun!

We plowed through the first dozen eggs, so i grabbed the brown eggs, and we tried those, even they turned out pretty!

I loved the brown eggs because they looked so earthy, they almost had a wooden appearance to them.  They are absolutely beautiful!  Can you pick out the brown vs white eggs?




Also, the heart egg was Cs first ever easter egg, Mike held her and let her hold the egg (uncooked, btw!) and color on it a little with the white crayon, then he drew a heart on it and let C put it in the water.  omg, stressful!  But she did great, and she has a beautiful first easter egg :)

I guess here are the required things:

Solo cups
Kool-Aide
1 cup of warm water/color of Kool-Aide

Dissolve the powder in the water then dunk the eggs in.  the longer they sit, the darker they get.  That easy, and let me tell you what, the house smelled amazing!  Like a fruit salad exploded in our dinning room/kitchen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment