Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day 80- Bathtub Craft

So, we've done it all now, crafts in the car, crafts at home, crafts at a museum, crafts while visiting family, and now, craft in the bathtub!  This was a craft born out of necessity, but it made sense, so we tried it and it was a smashing success!  (Smashing mainly because Coraline kept smashing her hands into the water and causing EVERYTHING, and everyone to get soaked :-p)  We were on the go all day today, and at 5:00, when we are normally sitting down for dinner, we were just leaving Target in Avon Lakes after getting pictures taken. On the way home, I started thinking about ways to streamline craft, and I thought "huh, I wonder what kind of crafts we could do in the bathtub???"  It turns out, most bathtub "crafts" are messy- paint, glitter gel, etc... I wanted something clean.  Then I came across Foam Murals.  BRILLIANT!

Honestly, I have so much foam in my foam drawer, I knew I could spare some sheets of foam.  With a few minutes of "prep" that mainly consisted of cutting out large flowers, some small eyes, and other various shapes, I was ready to go.  I handed over extra foam sheets and scissors to the girls after they were done being bathed and let them go.  Penny got really into it, asking for shirts, pants, shoes, and a face... she made flowers, and many other designs. She even got ahold of the scissors and foam for a little bit and cut her own shapes.
Iris was just exhausted.  She helped make a monster, made a few little things of her own, but wasn't really into the whole make it herself thing tonight.  So, i cut the shapes she wanted and she put them up.








I think they both had quite a bit of fun, and it was a nice change to do something away from our dining room table.

No comments:

Post a Comment