Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 64: Snowman Milk (AJ)

I saw these Snowman Milk crafts a few months ago, before Christmas.  I really wanted to do them with the girls, but hadn't really put much thought into them, or had really had the urge to buy the Star Bucks Frapacino drinks :-p  That being said, we spent the weekend working on the house, and I though that we may need some caffeine so, I picked up a 4 pack.

These were just about the EASIEST craft we have done so far.

Supplies:
glass bottle
VERY large Marshmallow/powdered white doughnut hole
3 small buttons
a 1ish inch strip of fabric
black icing
straw

Looking back, I would have totally used a doughnut hole instead of marshmallows.... trying to stick a straw through a large marshmallow was a pain in the you-know-what!  Then, we put "coal" faces on the marshmallows.  I had the girls pick a fabric, I cut it into a 1 inch strip and tied it around the neck of the bottle like a scarf.  The very last thing we did was glue buttons on the bottle.

I tired to tell Iris that it isn't a good idea to eat yellow snow, but apparently, she didn't believe me and still insisted on apple juice.



Penny would not touch the glue this time, she kept insisting that it was too hot, even though it was Elmer's.  I guess that you CAN teach a Penny new tricks.  It just takes a big blister on her finger tip from touching hot glue!  Guess I won't try too hard to teach her any more new tricks.

1 comment:

  1. I like these....very cute....not sure on the apple juice color. Ha.Ha. But, as long as you knew it was apple juice, thats okay....

    ReplyDelete