Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day 65: Tulip Bouquet


Well, not to rub it in the faces of my friends from the southern part of Ohio, but we had a BEAUTIFUL day here today.  It was 43 and SUNNY.  Now, of course, Iris was home sick from school :(  And Penny wasn't feeling 100%, but we still managed to make the best out of craft today.  We made tulips.

I came up with this idea awhile back while thinking "What can I do with this egg carton?" before throwing it into the recycle bin.. ok, under the sink to take to my uncle's co-worker who has chickens.  Anyway, I thought "Ohhh, i could cut the cups apart and make Tulips!"

So, today, I cut the carton apart, poked a hole in the bottom of each cup, and gave each girl a handful, and let them choose some paint and we went to work. I realized quickly that they were REALLY slow.  That isn't a problem, we had all the time in the world, but I knew that they would tire of painting them before too long, so I helped paint some until they both gave up.



Once they were dry, Iris helped me feed a pipe cleaner into each tulip and then put a bead on the top.  I folded the pipe cleaner around the bead and we stuck them in a "vase" we now have a bouquet of tulips in our kitchen.  So pretty :)  What a way to celebrate one of the nicest days we've had all year! (With NO new snow on the ground!)

No comments:

Post a Comment