Monday, March 11, 2013

Day 70: Leprechaun Hats

Today was a surprisingly "clean" day for crafting.  I say that because we painted!  I found this adorable leprechaun hat idea in a St. Patrick's day craft site.  Basically, all you do is find a small planter, they used plastic, but I had little terracotta pots in the craft room that would serve the purpose of this craft well, and paint it black.  Then, find a black strip of foam, cut it (in our case, 3/4" wide), wrap it around the "brim" of the hat and attach it with glue.  After we glued the band all the way around the top of the pot, I used a piece of sticky backed yellow foam to make a buckle for the hat and used it to secure the band in place.  It actually worked out really well!
Iris was so excited to paint hers, and she managed to get her entire pot covered very quickly and cleanly.  Penny was even clean while painting hers, though she hasn't finished her yet, it got too late and she needed to go to bed!  I like painting terracotta because it soaks up paint really fast and it dries within a few minutes, so that served to keep the kids, and the house much cleaner today than with previous paint crafts.

No one has sent me pictures of craft from yesterday yet... so still no pictures :*(   But, there is a completed leprechaun hat.  I will have to get a little plant for these next time we go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment