Monday, July 22, 2013

Days: well, a lot

Ok, I'm going to say it now- we have SERIOUSLY slacked.... We have been crazy busy and the kids are now so sleep deprived that Coraline is sick :(  Hopefully, things will get better, and we will get back on track here this week.

Friday:

The girls and I went to Five Below a few weeks back and they asked me for a Doc McStuffin's puzzle.  Well, I told them that "next time" we were there, we'd get one, but that I wasn't going to get one that day.  Mike and I ended up there one night and I remembered they asked for it, so I picked one up.  Friday, Iris asked about the Doc puzzle and I pulled it out.  I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get all four of us (the girls and I) packed to go to my aunts for the weekend and get out of the house by 11:30 to meet Mike for lunch.  So, I let them do the puzzle as craft that day.  Honestly, they did really well with it, they were SO proud that they got it together, and were still playing with it tonight :)  2.00 well spent!!

Saturday/Sunday:

We spent some time with my aunt and uncle and my Dad this weekend while we were gone.  Well, my aunt told them that PapPap needed help making Zucchini Bread this weekend and they were SO excited to help.  Iris became little miss chef while she helped PapPap make the bread.  Honestly, I count baking as a craft any day.  I love getting the kids hands on and doing something that requires concentration and motor skills.  So, imo, Craft was DONE.
We also spent time with my dad and his girlfriend and thankfully, his girlfriend has grandkids, which means she also has a lot of crayons and coloring books.  In a pinch, we've got to work with what we've got.  So, the kids colored a lot with her and really enjoyed themselves.  They honestly colored better with them than they have in quite awhile, and well, I was in a pinch and unprepared for craft, so Craft: done!

Monday: What day it is?  Day 202? I think....

Got home last night at 10 to discover we had no milk in the house.  So, nixes the cereal idea right quick.  The kids woke up today at 8 (SLEPT IN!!!!!), we got dressed and went straight out the door to get breakfast.  After breakfast we had to do all of our grocery shopping for the week because we didn't have anything in the house to eat or drink (obviously, hence the lack of milk!) we didn't get home until 2 and I sent the kids straight up for nap.  By the time they woke up, I was already making dinner, then after dinner it was time for Stories for Bedtime at the library, then by the time we got home, well, there was NO time to do craft.  Yeah, we counted bathtime blocks as craft today.  Penny made a castle using every block that we own... it also spanned the entire length of the tub and wrapped around.... on the bright side, the TV hasn't been turned on all day :)




No comments:

Post a Comment