Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 206: fail

Time to admit it, I have failed.  We did not do craft today.  When I started this, I had not accounted for the fact that BOTH girls may get down and out sick at the same time.  Today consisted of breakfast (yeah, that was a fail), lying on the couch with no energy to move, a 3 hour nap, lunch, (mildly more success there until penny started SCREAMING that her mouth hurt.  I had her open her mouth and her tonsils were HUGE and almost touching her uvula), a trip to the Express Care clinic @ Metro, a trip to Target for two prescriptions (one for Iris, one for penny) to get rid of tonsillitis... (On a side note, why is tonsil spelled with 1 l and Tonsillitis spelled with 2? stupid english language), home and directly to bed because they couldn't keep their eyes open.  So yes, we failed.  I thought of craft numerous times today, but I could not, in good conscious, make them get off the couch/out of bed to do a craft.  I'm bummed :(  But they were so miserable, they didn't realize that we didn't do craft.  Usually they yell at me "MOMMY CRAFT!" if we forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment