Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 188: Treasure Map Pizza

So, the kids are in love with Jake and the Never Land Pirates right now.  They can't get enough.  They want to make Bucky/ The Jolly Roger but I have told them that that will be a Daddy Craft.  So, I started looking for Pirate Crafts today on Pinterest.  This happened to pop up, and i was making pizza for dinner anyway tonight, so we made this: http://www.bettycrocker.com/menus-holidays-parties/mhplibrary/birthdays/pirate-party-foods?nicam4=SocialMedia&nichn4=Pinterest&niseg4=BettyCrocker&nicreatID4=Post

We ALWAYS make homemade pizza dough.  It tastes SO much better than the store bought stuff, and it bakes so much nicer.. especially on my amazing stoneware!  So, once we had our pizza made, i let it cool almost completely down because I didn't want the girls to burn themselves.  I did all the prep work by cutting the peppers, breaking the pretzels down to size, slicing the olives, etc.  I didn't want any lost fingers.  Of course, I didn't have Green peppers for the palm trees, and Mike's work didn't have pretzel sticks in the vending machine, so I had him get regular small pretzels and I just broke them.  There isn't much contrast, unfortunately, but the girls had a lot of fun.  You can see the little "path" and the X... the pineapples were supposed to be the treasure.  We don't eat pepperoni in our house, at least much, so we obviously didn't have little pepperoni pieces on hand.  The girls loved making it though.  Iris helped me make the entire pizza today while the other two napped, and then they both loved making the treasure map on top.  Actually, I got interrupted tonight by penny crying that she wanted to make "Another Treasure Map" after she had fallen asleep.  I'm telling you, obsessed! lol


No comments:

Post a Comment