Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Days 196/197

Sorry!  We had a late night last night, then i got caught up in Deadliest Catch and i totally forgot to blog.   Anyway, here we go:

Day 196: Condensed Milk paintings

So, pretty cool, honestly.  These turned out REALLY pretty.  Super simple, pour a can of sweetened condensed milk into an ice cube tray and drop about 3-5 drops of food coloring into each tray depending on how dark/light you want the color.  Then, let the kids go.  The cool thing is, the "paint" stays REALLY shiny, even after it is dry.  The bad thing- it doesn't last long because it is, in fact, sugar milk... and will get moldy and yucky.  But, SO pretty, glad I did this with the girls.


Day 197:  Pool Noodle Stamping

Yup, you heard me right.  This one was a fun one too.  I took a pool noodle and cut it into ~3 inch lengths.  Some of them i left whole, some i cut in half, some i quartered.  I used a large box cutter, so make sure not to let the kids cut the noodles! lol  Anyway, after I gave each of the girls a tray of glitter paint and told them to have at it.  I love the way they turned out.  Penny really enjoyed it, until it got on her hands.  I used some Target "Modern Kid" paint, it is supposed to be acrylic, I got it in a big pack for 75% off, yeah, it sucked.  It took FOREVER to wash off hands, nothing like normal acrylic paint!  Won't be buying that brand of paint again!



No comments:

Post a Comment